Links with more information
- DEBtox Research,
for my commercial activities.
- My author
page at Leanpub for all my e-books.
- The landing page for information about DEB theory at http://www.debtheory.org/
- DEB information on www.bio.vu.nl/thb/deb,
the website of the former Dept. of Theoretical Biology
of the VU university Amsterdam.
- My lectures from 2006-2014 at www.bio.vu.nl/thb/users/tjalling/lectures.
All downloadable in PowerPoint format. This page is not
- Roman Ashauer's website about models in ecotoxicology
His site contains many more useful links for the
- Information about CREAM at cream-itn.eu. CREAM
was a Marie Curie Initial Training Network, funded by
the European Commission within the 7th Framework
Programme. Several of the projects within the network
applied DEB or DEBkiss.
EcoTox Services is run by Marina Bongers. She also
offers more standard GUTS analysis in a regulatory
context (with me as a scientific advisor).
- The DEB
Node at Akvaplan NIVA, where Starrlight Augustine
is currently working. This group will organise the 2017
DEB course and symposium. See also the other DEB nodes
- Roman Ashauer of the University of York, who is also
working extensively on GUTS issues (see www.ecotoxmodels.org).
Free tools that you cannot live without
- Need to get data points from a graph out of a
publication? Try out the free PlotReader at jornbr.home.xs4all.nl/plotreader.
It's free and it works like a charm.
the document preparation system for nerds. Windows users
find everything they need at miktex.org. In addition,
you can use TeXnicCenter to give you a user-friendly
environment, see www.texniccenter.org.
- Need information about a chemical such as structure,
molecular weight, hydrophobicity? Download
- Need to work on the same files from different
computers, or share documents with colleagues? Open a DropBox
account. Works perfectly for me. For more information
about this service, and its vulnerabilities, check out