BYOM walkthrough DEBkiss_paper package
- Author: Tjalling Jager
- Date: April 2017
- Web support: http://www.debtox.info/byom.html
Step-by-step walk through the code of the BYOM DEBkiss_paper package. This package reproduces the plots as reproduced in the DEBkiss paper of Jager et al (2013), http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jtbi.2013.03.011. This walk through is made with the 'publish' option in Matlab, which might also be very convenient to keep track of your work (as a modeller's log book). This walk through consists of the following files:
- byom_snail_fit.m: this script produces the fit on growth and reproduction at three food levels.
- byom_snail_embryo.m: this script produces the prediction of embryo growth and respiration.
- byom_snail_starv.m: this script produces the prediction on starvation response.
- derivatives.m: the actual model in the form of a system of ordinary differential equations (ODEs).
- call_deri.m: calls derivatives.m or simplefun.m to calculate the model output. Here, the model output is transformed to match the data.
- pathdefine.m: a piece of code that searches for the engine directory, and adds it to the Matlab path. No need to make changes here, just make sure it is in every directory from which you run BYOM scripts.